Senior Product Manager - Technical
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Our Product team is doubling and we have numerous Product Management opportunities related to our intentional investment in reusable platform services and service oriented architecture. Each one demands ownership and leadership to move them forward to the benefit of Built's internal teams and external customers.
What you'll do:
The Senior Product Manager - Technical, Platform is responsible for delivering reusable platform services and technical capabilities that accelerate the efforts of other teams through relentless elimination of ambiguity and ruthless prioritization, focus, and enforcement of best practices. This person is accountable for demonstrable and measurable outcomes for delivery of new solutions/architecture components and act as a crucial hub of information for the business throughout the full product development lifecycle.
- Build empathy for internal customers (cross-functional teams) by working closely with them to understand their processes today, systems in use, and associated pain points
- Work with our Engineering Directors, EMs, and Product leadership to coordinate the scoping, prioritization, delivery and, where applicable, ongoing maintenance of strategic initiatives
- Serve as the primary point of contact for designated capabilities and domains at all points in the product development lifecycle
- Contribute to resource development and training plans to ensure that Built’s solutions are always well represented in documentation for internal go-to-market
- Work quickly to achieve business outcomes in the modernization domain
- Understand the jobs to be done for the platform and synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap and define key metrics
- Strategically assess new opportunities, provide guidance, and develop alignment around target initiatives
- Foster a community of data-informed decision making
Who you are:
- You have an impressive track record of driving technical and business alignment on team/developer enablement initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- You have a reputation for excellent communication internally and externally, including collaboration across functions and lines of business.
- You have experience in platform businesses; particularly in construction, finance, payments, migrations, and/or legacy modernization.
- You are customer-oriented and driven by our purpose to serve clients and developers.
- You have strong data analysis capability and a proven track record of leveraging data to drive decisions.
- You’re an optimist with a manageable ego who will stand up for your work when you really believe in it.
- You are deeply curious and want to understand “the why” behind all decisions.
- You are a bar raiser who is never satisfied with the status quo.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience with a technical and analytical background and a compelling track record of success.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- Background in computer science or an engineering or technical architecture-related discipline preferred.
Built’s salary range for this position is $135,000 - $170,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.
Something looks off?