Reports: Director of Marketing and Communications
Supports: Director of Development, Chief Investment Officer, Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: possible future Events Coordinator
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with entrepreneur centers in seven regions, four statewide industry partners that run mentor networks and commercialization programs, and veteran entrepreneur organization Bunker Labs, we facilitate collaboration among entrepreneurs, innovators, the private sector, capital sources, organizations, institutions, and government.
We aim to stimulate the statewide economy by facilitating capital formation, market building and growing Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, making the needed resources easy to find to ensure sustainable growth for entrepreneurs and investors.
Our core values are:
- Not just thinking outside the box, but breaking it
- Putting people first in everything we do
- Going farther together through collaboration
- Being accessible and inclusive always
- Being driven to serve
- Enjoying our work and each other. Life’s too short to not love what you do!
This position serves as the lead for event creation, management and support on behalf of LaunchTN. This position will support engagement among our stakeholders, work collaboratively within the LaunchTN team, and lead a freshly created roster of events aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Develop and manage all aspects of organization events across multiple departments, with activities including:
- Start to finish curation, planning and execution for LaunchTN events ranging from a 1,000+ person conference to intimate dinners, happy hours, and supporting board meetings and internal team events;
- Vendor procurement and relationship management; main liaison for event vendors, partners and other third parties;
- Attendee management systems, both virtual and onsite, and tracking and compiling of metrics related to events;
- Working with the LaunchTN team, you’ll promote our statewide network of resources to stakeholders, both inside and outside of Tennessee;
- Being a key leader in the development of future event based initiatives as they relate to organizational growth, and other key needs identified in your network building;
- Responsible for communicating event plans for every LaunchTN event;
- Develop and maintain budget(s) for each LaunchTN event based on approved budget;
- Analyze the success of each event, provide post event analysis, recap report, internal and external feedback and integrate learning into future event plans
Develop and maintain a CRM system that provides accurate and reliable information on our event attendees, in alignment with other organizational CRMs;
- Provide metrics based reporting used by our development
- Ensuring collaboration between stakeholders, both internal and external
- Develop, deliver and maintain project plans and timelines for each event incorporating deadlines and requirements across all LaunchTN teams
Ecosystem Building and Leadership
- Being the ultimate team player, coordinating amongst various internal departments and external stakeholders to accomplish goals and promote LaunchTN
- Being the point of contact for LaunchTN’s roster of events, including 3686, our annual entrepreneur/investor conference
- With support from the LaunchTN team, grow the roster of LaunchTN events, including in capital and talent, both inside and outside Tennessee
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
Plan and execute all responsibilities with a view toward:
- Maximizing authentic inclusion, collaboration, and partnership with Network Partners, Ecosystem Builders, and other stakeholders with a focus on user (and team member) experience and empathy for that experience,
- Expanding direct or indirect financial and non-financial resources available to Tennessee companies to enable their formation, growth, and sustainability
- Acting as an ambassador for and building awareness of our vision to make Tennessee the most start-up friendly state in the nation,
- Exercising creative, critical, strategic thinking through a problem or opportunity to deliver a high quality outcome.
- Collaborating; seeking feedback before action; building trust among the team and stakeholders,.
- Being decisive and action-oriented, and
- Being aligned with our core values
Potential Indicators of Success
- 3-5 years of event planning experience or related field
- Proven record of execution in stakeholder engagement, including inspiring action
- Experience with events and event management
- Experience working with startups and investors on strategic goals
- Expansive and meaningful market coverage across Tennessee
- Proven ability to read, edit, negotiate and interpret contracts and agreements
- Ability to make quick decisions during the event and a natural proclivity for great customer service in all interactions
- Time management and adherence to deadlines