Full Stack Developer
Our core values:
Above all else, we aim to provide the highest quality security solutions using the most robust and user friendly technology. We do not take short-cuts, but instead work effectively to create innovative solutions that meet our customer’s needs. We are always learning and seeking the best solutions. We value quality of work over quantity of hours worked. If you join our team, you will be working on a diverse and innovative team, have the flexibility to be creative, and be making a real impact in delivering a high quality product.
Your Life at Quantum Lock:
- Freedom: You will have the freedom and opportunity to innovate and be creative.
- Discovery: We embrace learning and discovery as we create something new together every day.
- Impact: Your voice will be heard as we make decisions that shape the company and our mission.
- Integrity: We value honesty above all else. We ensure that every member of our team isn’t afraid to speak their mind as we all work for the missions of our company.
Why work at Quantum Lock:
- Time off for all employees - At QL we love our work, but to be our best at work we need to take care of ourselves. All employees start with 14 days of paid time off. We will regularly check in to make sure that you are taking the time you need to recharge.
- 12 paid holidays- plus a company-wide holiday break from Christmas to New Year's Day - Holidays should be spent with family and friends.
- Life-friendly work environment - We all have lives outside of work and firmly believe that work should bring further fulfillment to our lives. At QL, we aim to hire motivated, talented and well-rounded people. We trust our team to produce amazing work without micromanaging.
- Flexible work schedules - We will never force a 9 - 5 schedule. Work during your most productive hours. Our only expectation is that our team is on time to meetings and meet their milestones.
- Flexible work locations - QL is based in Knoxville. We welcome you to our beautiful and growing city. However, every situation is different and we are also open to remote options.
- High Growth environment - At QL, you are in a small and close-knit team. You have the opportunity to make a big impact. As we grow, you also have the opportunity to take leading roles and “climb the ladder” much faster than in a larger organization.
- Bonuses by milestones: We issue raises and bonuses as we hit big milestones in development.
- Health Insurance: We provide health insurance with dental and vision to our employees.
- Continued Education: We encourage that our team continue their education through bootcamps, seminars, conferences, certifications, and training programs.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a skilled full stack developer to work with our backend services interacting with IoT Devices, you will be working hand in hand with the CTO of QL, architecting, documenting and coding the software stack on both Backend and Web Frontend.
You will be working on creating a multi-tenant, highly secure platform. With heavy focus on scalability, high availability and security, You will be working with blockchain technologies to implement an immutable ledger. Will be leveraging new technologies on the web interface with heavy focus on great customer experience.
You will be working developing public facing API’s and integrating with 3rd party vendors as well.
You will be exposed and be constantly learning of new technologies and mentor by people experienced in the field.
Who You Are:
- You are an awesome person that values honesty, curiosity, creativity, and intelligence
- Ability to work well in teams and communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS cloud services
- 3+ years of experience with multiple database types (relational, document, key-value, …)
- Experience working with microservices architecture
- Experience deploying CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with at least two of the following languages: Python, Go, TypeScript, Rust
- Experience working with GIT
- Architecting and deploying REST endpoints
- Experience working with HTML/CSS/JS/React.js
- Experience working consuming REST endpoints from web frontend
- Secure coding best practices
- Experience working with Responsive UI
Desired but not require:
- Understanding of Blockchain technologies
- Infrastructure as code
- Experience using AWS Amplify
- Experience communicating microservices across multiple aws accounts
- AWS Certifications in one or more areas