Founding Full Stack Engineer
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a founding engineer who is passionate about using data to empower the rapidly growing number of digital creators. This person will have a foundational role, reporting directly to the head of engineering and working closely the rest of the team. They’ll be comfortable owning front-end and backend components of the product, responsible for writing, testing, and shipping code, monitoring aspects of the application, troubleshooting performance issues, and making sure deployments and rollbacks happen cleanly. As a founding engineer, you’ll be instrumental in the growth and success of RootNote!
- Report directly to our head of engineering
- Resolve support requests on a day-to-day basis
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results
- Present your roadmap at team-wide meetings
- Work on both frontend and backend components of our web application
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to deliver a world class product which realizes the product vision
- Integrate with a variety of APIs and develop data compiling and sharing processes with other creator-focused platforms and products
- Create and maintain public APIs that other creator service platforms can use to enrich their own creator data sets
- Proven record of shipping features on time and on budget
- Experience working on cloud systems like Google Cloud, AWS, and Heroku (preferred but not required)
- Familiar with the API development process
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from an accredited university OR certification from a top-tier coding bootcamp and relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize based on data, user insights, and instinct
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Passionate about working on an early-stage venture in a fast growing industry
- Excited about working across the entire stack, building out new features end-to-end
- Knowledge of the creative industries is a major plus, but not required
- 🧘 Flexible work hours
- 🌎 Work from anywhere
- 🤑 Competitive pay and equity
- 🏖️ Unlimited PTO
- 🍽️ Bi-weekly team meals
- ❔ You tell us! As a founding member, you’ll be instrumental in shaping the future of RootNote
We’re an experienced team of creators and builders who are passionate about using data to empower the rapidly growing number of music creators, video makers, live-streamers, and podcasters.
We launched the first iteration of our product last year, are working with some of the biggest creators and creative teams in music (our beachhead market), have incredible industry partners and early investors, and are developing an exciting and action-packed product roadmap for 2022.
When we’re not working together on RootNote, you’ll find us in the studio recording music, live-streaming on Twitch, making videos, designing NFTs, developing side projects, exploring the great outdoors, and traveling the world.
We’re all on a quest to live our best lives and are committed to building a rewarding, inclusive, supportive, and creative environment for all.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com. When emailing us, please:
- Include the role's title in your subject line
- Attach an updated resume
- Send along links that best showcase the things you've built, done, and/or created