Staff Tax Accountant
Accountfully is your fully outsourced accounting and tax department. We do the day-to-day work of professional accountants and bookkeepers while serving as a long-term strategic partner to help our clients navigate complex financial challenges and opportunities.
At Accountfully - "People are Greater than Numbers" and we pride ourselves on having a culture that is engaging, fun, and collaborative for our teams. We also understand the importance of offering a flexible work environment. Our accountants are critical thinkers and problem solvers; they work independently and efficiently. With a clear understanding of accounting functions, they are expected to be the point person for client services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join the tax team. This position can be fully remote from anywhere in the United States. The tax team focuses on balancing client workload throughout the year to limit long hours and weekends during the peak filing seasons seen at most public accounting firms.
What we’re looking for in a Staff Tax Accountant:
- Prepare tax returns and supporting work papers for individuals, C corporations, S corporations, and partnerships.
- Prepare extension calculations and quarterly estimates.
- Perform tax research.
- Assist with tax planning projects.
- Respond to notices from the IRS and other taxing authorities.
- Assist with other ad-hoc tax projects.
Our future Staff Tax Accountant will have skills and experience in these areas:
- Basic financial statement understanding.
- Ultratax and Quickbooks Online experience a plus, but not required.
- Problem solver, independent thinker, asks thoughtful questions.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies in day to day workflow.
- Proficiency with time management and meeting deadlines while managing multiple client projects.
- Flexibility to adapt to firm and client specific practices.
Explore Accountfully's Workplace Culture
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to two years experience in accounting and tax preparation in a public accounting firm.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, but not required.
Accountfully benefits include:
- Health insurance, vision, dental and medical
- 401K plan with a company match
- Short term disability insurance
- Paid time off
- For CPA's we offer CPE reimbursement
If you have these skills and want to work with a team that believes in a healthy work-life balance, while serving a talented community of entrepreneurs and creatives, tell us about yourself and your interest in Accountfully.