Support Operations Specialist
Customer Service, Operations
Chattanooga, TN, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
The Support Operations Specialist is a member of the Support organization with Bellhop, and leads and handles customer escalations resulting from product and service failures. This role brings authentic empathy, urgency, structure, and additional internal resources when necessary to fully resolve customer challenges that would otherwise result in a high level of customer dissatisfaction.
High level: This role is responsible for taking escalated customer situations and turning them into high-five experiences. The ideal candidate has experience working on a highly cross-functional support team, collaborating with teammates to solve complex logistical and service challenges.
To be successful, a strong candidate finds opportunities for efficiency, is a natural problem solver, and is capable of multitasking and supporting an array of complex customer problems. This individual should be comfortable taking charge of high stress situations, giving direction to customers, Bellhop Pros, and third party vendors as needed to drive swift resolution to service incidents.
- At least 3 years of customer service experience, preferably in an app-based marketplace or logistical space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple complex customer issues concurrently
- High degree of organization and eye for detail: seemingly small details can make or break someone’s move day
- Able to keep it real and have difficult conversations when necessary with customers, Bellhop Pros, third party providers, and internal stakeholders
- Weekend and holiday availability in line with business needs
- Escalations Management:
- 1) Own complex escalations end-to-end, from initiation through resolution, by developing and adapting action plans, collaborating with a cross-functional team, and keeping lines of communication open between impacted parties.
- 2) Support service failure response and coordination between the customer, Bellhop workforce (Pros), third party service providers, and internal Bellhop stakeholders as needed.
- 3) Set customer expectations and provide continual updates regarding resolution action plans and progress, both externally (to the customer) as well as to Bellhop internal stakeholders.
- 4) Seek guidance from senior managers as needed for higher complexity escalations with elevated risk of loss.
- 5) Provide process improvement recommendations for improving the customer experience.
- 6) Provide feedback to product managers and engineers based on learnings from customer engagements.
- Customer Review Management:
- 7) Execute the review management process.
- 8) Review and reply to public-facing customer reviews across business pages and platforms, including to Yelp, Google, Trustpilot, BBB, and others.
- 9) Lead and drive the internal review response process: identifying related orders, customers, and support tickets, investigating root causes, and attempting full resolution in a single response where possible.
- 10) Respond publicly to reviews in a tonally appropriate way that aligns with brand and voice guidelines.
- 11) Log and tag reviews appropriately to ensure full issue resolution and effective data tracking.
- Other Support Needs:
- 12) Assist with other support-related tasks and projects as needed.
Coverage / Schedule Needs
- Most Bellhop customers choose to move on weekends. To meet that business need, weekend and holiday availability is required for this role, with the exception of 4 “no operations” holidays: January 1 (New Year’s Day), July 4 (Independence Day), Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Bellhop’s hours of operation are Monday through Sunday, 7AM - 10PM Eastern Time.
See more open positions at Bellhop
Something looks off?