IT Infrastructure Support Specialist
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
IT Infrastructure Specialist
The role of the IT Infrastructure Specialist is to provide an outstanding IT experience for our internal team by providing efficient and productive support across our company. You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues with hardware, software, AV, and third-party tools. The role requires an individual who is motivated to meet our day-to-day IT needs in new and creative ways by communicating well with all departments and teams, applying great attention to detail, and an understanding of our technological needs. You’ll be instrumental in helping us move forward with efficiency and thoroughness as we scale.
In this role, you will be:
- Fielding Tier 1 / 2 Desktop Support and above requests while tracking ticket creation for measuring IT-related work
- Provisioning employee access to internal systems and services
- Troubleshooting local network connectivity issues
- Supporting our teleconferencing system and related peripherals - phones, webcams, portable televisions
- Maintaining and updating knowledge base with self-serve solutions to emerging issues
- Understanding the needs of our Builters and supporting users both onsite and in a remote capacity
- Following On-boarding and Off-boarding procedures to ensure our systems are secure and ready for use
- Maintaining proper function and use of MDM solutions from deployment to retirement (JumpCloud, Kandji, Intune)
Experience configuring Mac / Windows workstations.
Asset management software (JumpCloud, Jamf, Kandji, Intune, etc.)
Antivirus - (Sophos, Malwarebytes, Symantec, etc.)
Experience with workstation patch management
Technology asset inventory and control
Network support - wireless and wired networking concepts
Basic network/connectivity troubleshooting
Hard Disk encryption for company-issued workstations
Bit-locker, FileVault, etc.
- College-level degree in a relevant field or experience to make up for lack thereof
- Love for helping people and working on a team
- Technical aptitude and strong desire to learn
- Experience working in an IT Service Desk, Helpdesk, or Support role in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows computers.
- Documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to function with a high level of autonomy and work proactively without the need for oversight
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while utilizing critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to lift or move equipment up to 49 pounds.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+ or Network + are a plus!
- Experience with directory services such as JumpCloud, AD, or Okta is preferred
- Experience with Jamf, Kandji, Malwarebytes, Google Workspace, O365, and Jira is preferred
Built’s salary range for this position is $65,000 - $85,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.
Something looks off?