Director, Marketing Communications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built Technologies, a leading provider of financial services software solutions, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Marketing Communications to lead our internal and external PR and communications initiatives. This is a unique opportunity for a marketing communications professional with a proven track record of building successful campaigns in the technology and financial services sectors, and experience working with fast-growing startups.
We’re looking for a communications leader with a particular set of skills:
- Strategic thinking: strategic and forward-thinking, able to develop and execute PR strategies that align with the company's overall business objectives.
- Agility: able to pivot quickly when necessary and stay ahead of the curve.
- Strong communication skills: able to craft compelling messages that resonate with key stakeholders and articulate the company's vision and value proposition.
- Relationship building: skilled at building and maintaining relationships with media outlets, industry influencers, and other key stakeholders.
- Creativity: demonstrated ability to build programs that help companies stand out from the crowd; able to think and go where others overlook and develop innovative PR and comms campaigns that capture the attention of target audiences.
- Results-oriented: able to track and measure the effectiveness of PR campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Team building: able to build and lead high-performing teams that are aligned with the company's overall business objectives and culture; works seamlessly with stakeholders, no matter where they may be located.
- Developing and executing marketing communications and PR strategies that align with the company's overall business objectives and target audiences.
- Building and maintaining relationships with journalists and media outlets to secure coverage and increase brand awareness.
- Creating compelling content that supports the company's messaging and values, including press releases, media pitches, blog posts, and social media content.
- Managing crisis communications and ensuring that the company's reputation is protected in the event of a crisis or negative publicity. (Hopefully this is never an issue but not preparing is preparing to fail)
- Tracking and measuring the effectiveness of PR and comms campaigns, and making adjustments as necessary to ensure that the company is achieving its objectives; reinforce a culture of continuous improvement and effectiveness.
- Working closely with internal teams, including marketing, sales, and product, to ensure that all comms efforts are aligned with the company's overall business objectives.
- Managing external PR agencies and vendors, including contract negotiation, project management, and performance tracking.
Built’s salary range for this position is $180,000 - $205,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.
Something looks off?