Senior Software Engineer, Built for Owners
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built Technologies is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Built for Owners team. Working in partnership with some of the nation’s largest and most respected commercial real estate (CRE) developers, this team is inventing a solution to streamline processes and mitigate risk in the construction process. This opportunity involves collaborating with the existing team in order to bring a brand new product to a market that is the next $1B opportunity for Built. We’re seeking a candidate who can make an immediate impact on delivering our initial feature set and begin to lay the groundwork for expanded features in future iterations.
- Write and review code that solves our customers’ largest pain points
- Implement solutions according to a written specification, rapidly growing into producing specifications autonomously
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with teammates, product managers, designers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Develop in a full-stack, distributed software system which includes web applications, GraphQL APIs, REST APIs, and microservices
- Write tests for newly implemented code to maintain product integrity
- Ensure code quality, organization, and automation in our code bases
- Analyze project requirements and provide task time estimates
- 5+ years of experience with building customer facing React applications, ideally leveraging TypeScript
- Experience building production backend APIs to support customer-facing features
- Full-stack development is strongly preferred, but mastery of either front- or back-end with the desire to achieve full-stack competency is possible
- A passion for building quality, testable code leveraging automation and a habit for actively improving the quality of a codebase “in passing"
- A “player-coach” mentality, capable of simultaneously making strong technical contributions while mentoring others within the context of small cross-functional teams.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially within website, application servers,
network, and databases
- A strong focus on our customers, both internal and external
- High ownership and accountability of delivery for your work product - and that of your teammates
- Front-end: React, Apollo, GraphQL, TypeScript
- Gateway API: Express, Apollo, GraphQL, TypeScript, Dynamo
- Services: NestJS, TypeScript, Dynamo - and possible, limited exposure to Python, MySQL, and other technologies
- Optional familiarity with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS)
Built’s salary range for this position is $120,000 - 175,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.