Head of Product Marketing
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Reporting into the VP of Product, Product Marketing Managers at Built are responsible for generating customer insights that inform our product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and partner with Sales and Client Success teams to drive product adoption and retention.
At Built, Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Client Success, and Training to name a few. In this role, you will act as a Subject Matter Expert for our well-established Built for Lending product line, setting up the necessary GTM processes and driving commercialization as well as adoption of features post-launch. At the same time, you will partner with the Product and Sales teams to define GTM for brand new products, and help through early adoption, learning and iterations. To thrive in this role, you will need to be a highly collaborative team member with a can-do attitude who can quickly break down problems, recognize opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to deliver creative and effective solutions. As new products ramp up, you’ll transition to be a player-coach who scales a product marketing practice at Built.
In this role, you will:
- Understand the customers’ needs, buyer/user personas, and journey, know how they use the product
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Conduct customer and market surveys, focus groups, and user forums to build feedback loops and share insight across product, marketing, and sales
- Conduct market and competitive research to better understand and evangelize market trends and apply key learnings to product roadmap and marketing strategy
- Use customer and market insight to help product teams decide which features should be part of product road-map, develop user stories, and help focus development on the value to the customer
- Be the internal advocate and product expert to train the sales team on our personas, use cases, new products/product features
- Quarterback all parts of GTM process. Ensure that the sales organization is adequately prepared to compete by driving timely creation of sales support tools including collateral, sales presentations, corporate presentations, white papers, testimonials, product sheets, etc. – working in tandem with Content and Marketing teams.
- Partner with Demand Generation, Content, and Creative Marketing teams to deliver persona-driven campaigns to the market, win over our competitors, and accelerate time to value for new customers
- Partner with Product and Client Success to establish success metrics for product adoption and implement strategies to push customers toward those markers
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years of product marketing or go-to-market experience; experience working in technology or platform companies is preferred
- Overall, 5+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, operational roles, and/or strategy consulting
- Proven track record of successful product launches, ability to convert technical language into value-oriented messaging, and creating highly effective sales materials
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through testing and optimization
- Passion for working in an agile, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine processes and deliver value quickly
- Adept at juggling many projects at once, working cross-functionally, while never losing sight of the core message and goal behind your work
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity – this role requires you to work across functions and departments such as sales, product, marketing, finance to bring to life the product. You are at the center of product releases, constantly interacting with multiple teams
- The right candidate is a creative thinker that can understand deep technical topics and has a data-driven mindset to clearly track how product updates and positioning affect pipeline, revenue, and retention metrics
- 2+ years of B2B SaaS product marketing experience
- Experience with FinTech and/or PropTech products
- Previous start-up experience is highly valued
- Experience building and managing teams
Built’s salary range for this position is $115,000 - $135,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.