Enterprise Account Executive - Built for Owners
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
About the Job
We’re excited to welcome the first Enterprise Account Executive to drive the outcomes for Built’s business unit serving real estate owners and developers. This role offers a rare opportunity to shape the enterprise sales motion for a new innovative product and customer segment for the company. In this role, you will develop and execute the sales strategy while owning the segment’s annual sales targets in the enterprise customer segment. As a successful enterprise account executive, you have outstanding communication, negotiation, leadership, and influencing skills, and can seamlessly build a strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders. You have prior enterprise SaaS sales experience, the ability to maintain C-level relationships, work with a large extended team, and seven-figure deal experience.
If you’re interested in helping to shape the future of Built for Owners for enterprise customers — apply today.
This role will report to the Division Leader for Owners, and has the opportunity to work remotely from any US location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a robust sales strategy that underpins the achievement of strategic goals and sales quotas. Contributes to a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and accountability within the team.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and obtain business requirements.
- Take ownership of the annual revenue target for your segment with meticulously planning, forecasting, and execution to ensure consistent growth.
- Forge close partnerships with executive leadership, product, marketing, and customer service teams to drive optimal outcomes in the segment.
- Play an integral role in shaping and implementing the Go-To-Market strategy across the segment and vertical.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key accounts, driving new business and expanding revenue with existing customers. Structure and negotiate contracts with stakeholders ranging from line-of-business to C-suite executives.
- Excel at selling to the C-suite, managing solution sales, and navigating multi-stakeholder environments. Demonstrate prowess in negotiating, presenting, and closing deals.
- Develop and continually review a formal account engagement plan to optimize customer interactions.
- Stay attuned to customer needs, industry trends, market activities, and competitor landscape to identify opportunities for product improvements or new offerings.
- Be prepared to travel up to 70% to engage potential and existing customers and participate in networking events.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of B2B SaaS software sales experience; proven experience identifying and closing seven-figure contracts
- Demonstrated experience executing sales leadership methodologies and ownership of all aspects of territory management
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise SaaS models, SaaS metrics, and online sales models
- Experience using a consultative, solution-based sales methodology desired
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience selling licenses or subscriptions to large, complex organizations; experience selling in the development industry is a plus
- A mix of curiosity, ambition, proactiveness, resilience and optimism, and a value-added mindset
- Deep understanding of the Owner and Developer personas with background selling into enterprise, vertically integrated investment and development firms
- Experience with FinTech and/or PropTech products
- Previous start-up experience is highly valued
Built’s salary range for this position is $125,000 - $150,000 per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, a 401k match, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.