Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2022
About the Company
The objective of this role is to design, document, program, implement, test, repair, and support automation processes and equipment for product development, external projects, and internal initiatives.
About the Role
- Review specifications, product drawings, and related documentation to determine the best overall controls solutions to meet or exceed requirements.
- Collaborate with design engineers to develop, document, and implement fabrication, processing and assembly methods for new product introduction.
- Develop overall controls architecture for complex assemblies and special process systems incorporating servo driven, VFD, and pneumatic components.
- Integrate instrumentation and lab equipment into automated systems to provide accurate measurements and test results.
- Support the mechanical engineering team to ensure synergistic conformance between mechanical and electrical control systems.
- Research and specify robust and cost-effective purchased components and subsystems to meet system design requirements.
- Work with the assembly team to identify and debug mechanical and electrical system issues.
- Provide project scope, cost, and schedule information related to electrical controls design tasks to project managers and stakeholders.
- Provide vendor information and technical specifications to support procurement activities for various projects.
- Research and scout technologies and best practices to keep the product current and competitive in the controls space.
- Recommend and implement initiatives to reduce cost, increase efficiency, and improve the product to executives, engineers, and project managers.
- Produce relevant design and implementation documentation.
- Produce post-turnover support documentation.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or relevant experience.
- Experience with the design and integration of control systems for custom automated machinery.
- Experience with the design, integration, and deployment of software meant to control hardware
- Knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, Servo Controls, and VFDs
- Working knowledge of Structured Text, C/C++ programming languages a plus.
- Ability to creatively solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to document controls hardware and controls software design.
- Possible early-stage equity opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Insurance Stipend (QSEHRA)