Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
About the Company:
The objective of this role is to help lead the design and development of embedded systems for the Enexor Health X-Vent project. The senior engineer will be the lead for electrical hardware and software solutions for the X-Vent taking the project from prototype to manufacturing.
- Serve as the engineering leader in embedded systems and embedded systems projects.
- Originate designs of embedded systems for medical devices.
- Originate documentation for embedded systems projects including schematics, layouts, logical flow, and P&ID.
- Generate the code base needed for medical devices including HMI integration, firmware, and software.
- Detect areas in embedded systems that need improvement and leads the work on making those improvements.
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis of issues with embedded systems.
- ABED accredited bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related STEM degree.
- At least 6 years of experience as a professional embedded engineer.
- Experience as a team leader or have the potential to lead teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep expertise in C/C++ programming embedded systems.
- Experience with microcontroller based systems such as Atmel AVR, ESP8266 NodeMcu, and PIC10Fxx.
- Experience in hardware circuit design for embedded systems.
- PCBs, signal analysis, debugging, assembly and testing of integrated circuits and their components.
- PCB analysis and design software such as Sigrity, Allegro, Eagle, Altium or simliar.
- Experience with data analysis using MATLAB, Excel, Python, etc.
- Experience working with real time operating systems.
- Experience in debugging and using debugging tools.
- Experience in interfaces, IP protocols, I2C, SPI, CAN, and other common communication protocols.
- Experience with medical device regulatory processes necessary to bring the project to market including the FDA 510(k) process and UL2900-2-1.
- Possible early-stage equity opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Insurance Stipend
- 401K with matching
This role is based in the greater Nashville area and is onsite, full-time.