Social Media + Communications Coordinator
Position: Social Media + Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Communications
Supports: Chief Investment Officer, Director of Marketing & Stakeholder Engagement,
Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is a public-private partnership uniquely positioned to cultivate and support collaboration among founders, investors, the private sector, institutions, and government. We support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem by coordinating resources, advancing capital access, and empowering our Network Partners and multiple stakeholders throughout the state to activate inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Tennessee.
Our core values are:
- Not just thinking outside the box, but breaking it
- Putting people first in everything we do
- Going further together through collaboration
- Being accessible and inclusive always
- Being driven to serve
- Life’s too short to not love what you do!
This position plays a pivotal role in communicating key initiatives and activities of LaunchTN and our roster of partners. Helping share and promote founder stories, opportunities for entrepreneurs to further their startups, and the mission of LaunchTN will support engagement among our stakeholders, including founders, and align with the organization’s strategic priorities and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Assist with the execution of LaunchTN’s Editorial Calendar
- Includes assisting with blog posts, newsletter content, and development of content for LaunchTN more generally;
- Be knowledgeable on current and new communication platforms to ensure LaunchTN’s messaging reaches as wide an audience as possible;
- Lead LaunchTN weekly email newsletter, The Pitch, which includes the research and sourcing of articles, events, and job listings to be featured, the creation of graphics and content around these sourced materials, and the tracking of newsletter performance in Mailchimp.
- Work with the Director of Communications to make sure strategic plans are implemented through marketing and social media channels.
Ownership of LaunchTN’s Social Media Channels
- Maintain an updated idea list with relevant social media posts aligned with the editorial calendar;
- Create and schedule social media content based on overall social media strategy, including writing copy/captions, managing hashtags and creating graphics across all necessary social media channels in alignment with LaunchTN’s brand voice;
- Research and implement ways to make social media more accessible for people with disabilities for example, using captions in stories and writing alt captions; research best practices and implement
- Use social media to make Launch Tennessee a thought leader in the industry.
- Keep a pulse on TN startup, business and mentor network news uncovered and use it as an opportunity to introduce our target audiences to the LTN ecosystem, including engaging with followers on all necessary social media channels;
- Track and report on email, web and social media performance weekly/monthly, including reach, impressions, and media and influencer mentions;
- Grow the reach and engagement of this initiative to more fully support startups.
Organization of Communications and Social Media Assets
- Maintain up-to-date assets related to communications and social media on the LaunchTN shared drive.
- Organize photo/video assets on Google Drive, keep updated/organized
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Communications, including coordinating meetings, notes and recaps, monitoring and responding to communications and marketing department email accounts, which does include the main LaunchTN “info” account.
Ecosystem Building and Leadership
- Being the ultimate team player, coordinating amongst various internal departments and external stakeholders to accomplish goals and promote LaunchTN
- Serving as the point of contact for LaunchTN’s talent initiatives
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
Plan and execute all responsibilities with a view toward:
- Maximizing authentic inclusion, collaboration, and partnership with Network Partners, Ecosystem Builders, and other stakeholders with a focus on user (and team member) experience and empathy for that experience;
- Expanding direct or indirect financial and non-financial resources available to Tennessee companies to enable their formation, growth, and sustainability;
- Acting as an ambassador for and building awareness of our vision to make Tennessee the most start-up friendly state in the nation;
- Exercising creative, critical, strategic thinking through problems and opportunities to deliver high quality outcomes;
- Proactively tracking both qualitative and quantitative data to measure short-term outcomes and long-term impact;
- Collaborating; seeking feedback before action; building trust among the team and stakeholders;
- Being decisive and action-oriented; and
- Being aligned with the core values of LaunchTN.
Potential Indicators of Success
- Experience with communication and social media initiatives
- Experience working with startups a plus
- Knowledge of Tennessee landscape a plus
A note on applications…
- Applications will not be reviewed until Monday, November 21.