Lead Engineer - Data Platform
Napster is a music streaming service that allows users to listen to music from a library of over 80 million songs. Napster offers a variety of features, including ad-free listening, offline listening, and the ability to create and share playlists.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Lead Engineer to join our Data Platform team and help us develop and expand our streaming and artist tool products. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and make a real impact on the future of music streaming.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of key data engineering systems and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement new features and improve the existing platform.
- Contribute to the development of new technologies and standards.
- Mentor and train junior engineers.
- Maintain and expand a scalable and reliable global data infrastructure.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data.
- Optimize data storage and processing.
- Analyze data to identify trends and patterns.
- Develop and implement data visualization and reporting tools.
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Experience with designing and implementing complex high throughput distributed batch and/or real time solutions
- Highly demonstrated experiences preferred in Big Query, Elastic Search, Cloud Functions, Dataflow & Composer.
- Solid knowledge of data structures, data model and system design with a focus on reliable high throughput batch and streaming solutions.
- Pipeline Management & automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for music and a deep understanding of media streaming technologies and services.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and make a real impact on the future of music streaming.
- Generous PTO policy.
- Flexible work hours.
- Work from home with a 100% distributed team.