VP Business Development
Napster is one of the most iconic brands in music and the longest-running independent music streaming service. Over the years, the company has delivered more than $1BN to artists and given music fans access to more than 100 million tracks. Napster kicked off the digital era 20 years ago when it helped more than 75M fans have their first digital music experience. The company was taken private last year by a group of top investors and is now creating the next generation music platform that rewards fandom by connecting fans directly with their favorite artists. The platform will empower artists to own the relationship with their fans and helps them create digital assets and experiences for their fans to enjoy. We believe it is time to make music fun again!
Napster is seeking a creative, industry leading Business development executive to drive the expansion of our B2B business, expand our core D2C Napster service offering through creative and innovative partnerships and drive growth of our Web3 products and services
- Manage and grow our B2B partnerships, evaluating new verticals to enter and preparing GTM pitch materials to be able to engage and close new business.
- Work to identify, vet, and negotiate new partnerships that help drive our D2C subscriber and revenue growth for Napster
- Conduct financial analysis of all current deals and prospective deals to ensure they are optimized for profitability.
- Identify, evaluate, and launch new business areas that contribute revenue or subscriber growth.
- Hire, mentor and scale industry leading business development and partnerships teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams throughout the lifecycle of key partnerships to ensure the initial and continued success of all deals.
- Effectively communicate the status of deals cogently to management, internal teams, and the board.
- Conduct financial analysis and business model planning that helps define our Web3 products and services.
- Explore and secure licensing opportunities and partnerships that support our Web3 products and services
- Manage current and establish new distribution partnerships for the Napster service (app stores, carriers, CE manufacturers, brands, gaming companies, etc.)
- Explore creative ways to expand and exploit the Napster brand in conventional and nonconventional channels both physical and digital.
- Negotiate and manage all contracts with current and potential partners.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Exceptional business development skills and experience sourcing and closing multi-million dollar global deals.
- Strong industry expertise and network within Web3, media, technology, and consumer products and services.
- Ability to cultivate and build strong relationships with new and existing partners and industry counterparts.
- Solid cross-functional leadership skills with the ability to build consensus among teams (executive leadership, product, engineering, marketing, finance).
- Excellent strategic presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify strategic concerns quickly and drive internal stakeholders to a consensus
- Strong analytical skills to help evaluate and optimize deals and partnerships tying them to company OKRs.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills, and ability to manage deals independently.
- Creative mindset with the ability to help partners expand their own business models leveraging music and web3
- MBA or JD required.
- 12+ years of business development and contract negotiation experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on streaming platform product roadmaps and integrations. Industry experience in both streaming and mobile platform environments is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel (:50% annually).
- Strategy and business model development background (preferred)
- Banking and management consulting background experience preferred.
- Competive salary
- Music-related perks
- Equity award commensurate with experience