Associate, CFO Services
Every day, we do exciting work that makes a difference to startup founders and business owners. At Pilot, you will be helping clients solve critical financial and business strategy challenges. Our team works with a multitude of high-growth startup founders from different industries and stages as their trusted advisor and hands-on strategic finance consultant.
As an Associate on the CFO Services team, you will work with colleagues from the top tech companies, private equity, and investment banking firms. Together, our team delivers world-class strategic finance advice and fundraising consulting. You will have endless opportunities to be a problem solver, creative thinker, and new business builder.
That’s life at Pilot. It could be for you.
- Partner with Senior Managers or Managers on the team to help our clients:
- Apply the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to develop financial models, budgets, and forecasts for our clients
- Communicate with clients regularly to provide our insights and solve their needs
- Be part of the world’s preeminent financial services tech-enabled firm - a trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Conduct industry or company research required for customer service delivery
- Keep business plans and projects on track with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussions and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIs
In partnership with the team and cross-functional partners, you will also:
- Execute the strategies to address areas of opportunity within Pilot CFO Services
- Implement improvements in financial and business for CFO Services KPIs
- Recommend and drive process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our offering
We are looking for people who demonstrate these aspects:
- 1-2 years of relevant finance and strategy experience; previous experience in investment banking, consulting, or a fast-growing company environment is a plus
- CPA or MBA preferred (but not required) as an alternative to the expected experience
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with the ability to swiftly and effectively translate ambiguity into succinct outputs
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume and process large amounts of information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate, high-quality outputs with minimal revisions
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and cross-functional environment
- Strategic thinker and able to carry out rigorous problem-solving as a self-starter
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with the immediate team
- This position is only available for remote employment in the United States in the following states: CA, GA, NY, NC, TN, TX, and WA
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Spring Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $91,000 - $155,000 in most remote locations, and between $114,000 - $155,000 in San Francisco, CA and New York City, NY. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.