Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Bookkeeping Automation team, which sits at the core of Pilot’s mission to build the future of the financial back office.
- Owning a key aspect of Pilot’s product and being responsible for delivering substantial business impact through that product
- Defining the metrics you’ll use to measure your progress and demonstrate that business impact
- Engaging with customers and internal users to help define vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to understand and prioritize their needs
- Synthesizing qualitative research with quantitative analysis to inform product decisions
- Owning and driving the product lifecycle from ideation through implementation and launch
Our ideal candidate will have at least five years of product management experience, and can additionally demonstrate the following:
- A substantive, proven track record of building product that demonstrably moves the needle on business metrics
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional collaboration abilities
- You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- A background in finance or accounting would be highly advantageous
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $182k - $247k in San Francisco, CA. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.