Sr. Security Engineer
- Designing, implementing and deploying security automation and services capable of identifying security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Identifying security gaps in applications, services, and cloud infrastructure and recommending protective measures
- Developing security threat models and providing security assessments
- Building secure access controls and an Integrated SIEM and SOAR Workflow
- Providing security guidance to application and service owners to remediate security vulnerabilities
- At least 8 years of relevant experience and preferably BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with automating security processes within the CI/CD pipeline, scripting languages (e.g., Python, Linux) and networking concepts
- The ability to utilize infrastructure management tooling (e.g.,Terraform, Ansible) to enable consistent hardening and security configurations in the cloud / AWS
- Ability to review code for security vulnerabilities, identify security bugs and provide recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with SOC2
- Experience with cybersecurity incident response and analysis
- Familiarity with security systems, including WAF, IPS/IDS and DNS Security
- Knowledge of pentesting methodologies; adversarial tactics, techniques, procedures (TTPs) and MITRE ATT&CK framework
- A recognized security certification (e.g., CEH, CISSP, CCSP, Security+, AWS Certified Security or similar) is desirable
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headspace, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $118,400 - $160,800 in most Nashville locations, and between $118,500 - $160,800 in San Francisco, CA and New York City, NY. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.
Something looks off?