Controller Services Manager
- Use industry expertise to recommend process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our financial statement close process
- Investigate accounting issues to develop methodology based upon accounting principles
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support
- Manage customer deadlines and expectations in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Keep abreast of recent accounting pronouncements and market trends to provide guidance to our internal teams (and clients as needed), ensuring we are representing industry best practices based upon accounting principles
- Provide oversight to the month-end close process for assigned customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Operations leaders to ensure a cohesive customer experience and helping your team build strong relationships across other Ops functions
- B.S. or M.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required
- 8+ years of experience consisting of public, private, or outsourced accounting required, especially with venture backed start-ups
- People management experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex and accounting concepts to clients and senior leaders
- Obsessively obsessed with attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
- Comfortable engaging with C-Suite Executives
- Experience completing financial consolidation and engaging with external auditors
- Exposure to M&A activity
- Preferred: Experience working in a service delivery model or organization
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headspace, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $85,000 - $132,000 in Nashville, TN. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.
Something looks off?