The Company Lab
Job Description: Growth Officer
LOCATION: Chattanooga, TN
About The Company Lab
CO.LAB is a nonprofit that supports entrepreneurial growth in Southeast Tennessee. We work with companies from launch to scale.
● Entrepreneurship can be transformational for individuals and community members.
● Collaboration creates a synergy that benefits everyone (i.e. a rising tide lifts all boats).
● Diversity and inclusion are key to success.
● Chattanooga’s technological infrastructure is primed for ongoing innovation and
business advancement and can be leveraged for entrepreneurial success.
● The city’s key strengths, including industry and those found naturally, can be
promoted and protected to support CO.LAB goals.
● Programs for founders with a vision to rapidly scale their small to medium enterprises
(SMEs) or tech-enabled business
● Access to traditional and non-traditional capital pathways
● Connections to customers, mentors and access to corporate partnerships
● Support of the regional talent pipeline to ensure startups can grow in place
● A voice and platform to tell the story of Chattanooga’s entrepreneurs
About the Position
We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our nonprofit organization as a Growth Officer. As the Growth Officer, you will lead and coordinate all aspects of our fundraising and development activities. Your primary goal will be to secure financial resources necessary to support our mission and programs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for making a positive impact in the community and a track record of successful fundraising.
1. Development Strategy: Create and implement a comprehensive development strategy aligned with the organization's mission and goals. This includes identifying and cultivating funding sources, establishing fundraising goals, and developing long-term sustainability strategies.
2. Fundraising: Lead all fundraising efforts, including individual giving, corporate partnerships, grants, and special events. Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and potential donors, sponsors, and partners. Develop compelling fundraising campaigns and materials to engage and motivate supporters.
3. Donor Cultivation: Identify, research, and engage high-potential donors, sponsors, and partners. Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, effectively communicating the organization's impact and financial needs. Steward existing donors to ensure long-term support and engagement.
4. Grant Management: Research, identify, and pursue grant opportunities from foundations, government agencies, and other relevant sources. Develop compelling grant proposals and applications, ensuring alignment with funder priorities and guidelines. Track and report on grant activities, ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements.
5. Budget and Financial Management: Collaborate with the finance team to develop and monitor departmental budgets, ensuring alignment with organizational goals. Provide regular reports on fundraising progress, financial projections, and return on investment for various fundraising activities.
6. Board and Volunteer Engagement: Work closely with the Board of Directors, providing guidance and support in fundraising efforts. Engage and mobilize board members and volunteers in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities. Develop and implement strategies to increase board participation and volunteer involvement in fundraising initiatives.
7. Public Relations and Marketing: Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to develop and execute strategies to enhance the organization's visibility and brand. Utilize various channels, including social media, website, and traditional media, to showcase impact stories and fundraising campaigns. Act as a spokesperson for the organization at events, conferences, and in public engagements.
8. Collaboration and Teamwork: Foster and maintain strong relationships with staff members across different departments, ensuring a collaborative and nurturing work environment. Work closely with program managers to identify funding opportunities aligned with programmatic needs and impact.
Qualifications and Experience
● Live and work in the greater Chattanooga area, or willingness to relocate
● Bachelor's degree in a related field (Master's degree preferred).
● Proven experience in nonprofit fundraising, with a track record of successful donor cultivation, grant writing, and event management.
● Strong understanding of different fundraising techniques and strategies, including major gifts, corporate partnerships, grants, and special events.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders and audiences.
● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with donors, sponsors, board members, and volunteers.
● Solid organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Knowledge of fundraising software and CRM systems is preferred.
● Passion for the organization's mission and a genuine interest in making a positive impact in the community.
● Passion for entrepreneurship and/or economic & community development
● Commitment to the future success of Chattanooga
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
● Team player committed to CO.LAB’s vision, mission, values and goals and passionate about supporting startups, founders and scalable businesses
● Strong presentation skills to be able to confidently discuss CO.LAB’s programs to the community, startups, founders and alternatives
● Highly organized, analytical, and creative personality with strong professional and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbal and in writing
● Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects on parallel and competing deadlines
● Proven relationship builder, collaborator, communicator, and connector, and strong analysis and consultative skills
● Passion to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently, and improve operations with them
● Strong initiative, drive and positive attitude
● Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position. Additional benefits such as 401k (+3% match), cell phone stipend, professional development dollars, health, vision and dental insurance and generous paid time off are provided.
Applications should include a resume, cover letter (maximum one page) and contact details of two references.
Please send applications by email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ‘Growth Officer’ in the subject line. There is no closing date and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No agencies please.
Join our dedicated team and help us achieve our mission! As the Nonprofit Growth Officer, you will play a critical role in securing the resources necessary to support our programs, operations, and future growth. Your efforts will help us make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve.
CO.LAB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.