Bilingual Care Partner
Thyme Care is a value-based oncology management platform that provides personalized, clinically coordinated care to individuals with cancer. Thyme Care pairs human guidance with software and analytics to engage members with a cancer diagnosis , quickly connect them to the right care, and provide ongoing support through targeted, evidence-based interventions. The company’s unique approach establishes deep provider relationships and integrates with a health plan’s existing infrastructure, coordinating value-driven care that leads to better outcomes, lower costs and an improved member experience. Backed with venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Alley Corp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Casdin Capital and Bessemer, Thyme Care partners with health insurance plans and providers to extend the reach of high-quality cancer care through flexible value-based payment arrangements, including risk-based programs.
As a Care Partner, you will be on the frontlines serving our members diagnosed with cancer as their advocate and navigator throughout the continuum of care. This role reports into our Care Partner Team Lead and in it, you will spend a significant portion of your time each day listening to your member’s needs, helping them surface their goals and priorities, and facilitating their interactions with healthcare providers to enable them to make informed decisions and get access to the right care and resources at the right time. Additionally, you will help improve Thyme Care’s service offerings by communicating feedback from members and providers back to our clinical leadership.
Please note that this role is slated to begin in Spring of 2023.
Most of your day will be dedicated to speaking with members and handling escalations and tasks. In order to ensure we have sufficient coverage at all times, we do maintain a schedule that includes your lunch and breaks.
After your first three months you will:
- Have completed training and are up to speed on Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and expectations.
- Have built strong, trusting relationships with your members, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction, and you use that relationship to prioritize how we ought to address their needs.
- Be able to identify and prioritize a member's needs and then know where to go to help connect them with clinical support such as symptom management or nutritional support or resources such as financial grants, transportation, and medical equipment. This means you’ll be working with their healthcare providers and services and are also helping coordinate appointments, diagnostics, and treatments.
- Be comfortable with and are correctly following Care Team policies and procedures, escalation pathways, communications best practices, and documentation standards. Your ability to effectively engage and support our members is reflected in our efficiency metrics and quality standards.
After a year you will:
- Become an invaluable partner to our members, guiding them to the right resources and information at the right time to best support them throughout their care journey.
- You’ve helped the Thyme Care team improve our products and services in tangible ways by relaying real feedback from members and providers back to our Product and Clinical teams. You are constantly on the lookout to improve the effectiveness and quality of our work with members.
What leads to success:
- A member-first approach. You’re personally motivated by our mission and are passionate about assisting people and their families during one of the most challenging seasons in their lives.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with members and colleagues.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A desire to learn how to use new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with video chatting, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records or comfort learning new technology is important.
- Identify priorities and take action. You know how to identify and prioritize a member's needs, and do what it takes to ensure that urgent and important needs are addressed immediately.
- Bias to action. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something. You’re always solving problems and going the extra mile for others.
- Willingness to meet our members where they are. This means supporting our members when they need us the most, whether providing support during business hours, evening or weekend hours, and some company holidays.
- An environment that will enable successful member interactions. To ensure member privacy, you must operate in a quiet and secure environment during your scheduled shifts and are able to test your internet speed prior to starting to ensure our applications function as expected.
- Culture carrier. You’re curious, resilient, have a growth mindset, and are committed to fostering a positive environment.
- Bilingual. It's a plus if are fluent in more than one language.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
This is a non-exempt, full time position. The pay rate for this role is $24.03/hour.
We are a growing organization and recruit and employ a large number of these roles. Because of this, we actively interview for this position even when we don't have an immediate opening. Candidates who complete the interview process and fit the role are eligible for the next available opening. We will reach back out once an open position becomes available.
The Recruiting team will share more information about our hiring philosophy during an initial phone screen and can answer questions you might have about it then.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring all employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject only to conflicting laws and approved exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Additionally, we recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?