Director of Practice Performance
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
We are building a care navigation platform for cancer patients and currently sit at the intersection between individuals with cancer, health plans, oncology providers, ACOs, and other value-based care organizations. Our ability to scale and drive impact depends on our relationships with oncology practices. To enhance our ability to drive value-add interventions within the oncology practices we collaborate with, we are looking to add a Director of Practice Performance to the Thyme Care team.
As the first Director of Practice Performance at Thyme Care, you will develop data-driven hypotheses that lead to novel value based initiatives within oncology practices that enable improved patient experiences and outcomes, as well as decreased total cost of care. You will partner with our Product, Data Science, Strategic Initiatives, and Network Operations teams to generate practice-specific insights and identify ways to operationalize workflows within our partnering practices to execute new interventions. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for developing quality programs and monitoring the performance of oncology practices to enable mutual success in value-based care contracts with risk-bearing entities. This will require both a fluent understanding of our relationships with risk-bearing entities and deep collaboration with our growth teams. This role will report to our VP of Product.
- After 3 months you will…
- Get up to speed on Thyme Care, our executive team, our business, and our roadmap.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with Data Science, Product, and Operations cross-functional stakeholders.
- Dive into previous context around our practice partners, including understanding key players, how the network was built, existing operating models, in-flight initiatives, and how we roadmap for the future.
- Become an expert on our data sources and analytic capabilities used to inform and drive strategy with our practice partners.
- Learn the ins and outs of practice partners and the Thyme Care-related workflows, policies and procedures, escalation pathways, communications best practices, and documentation standards.
- Initiate discovery with practice partners to identify levers that would lead to improved member outcomes and success in value-based contracts.
- Direct our data resources towards the highest yield value levers to be tested with our practice partners.
- After 6 months you will…
- Define quarterly objectives and key results as well as project roadmaps with data science and network operations teams that orient teams toward high impact practice interventions and activities.
- Represent Thyme Care externally to practice partners and present and drive forward opportunities for process and workflow improvements within the practice.
- Create a system for measurement and accountability of practice partners against key metrics that are aligned with value based care contract success.
- Inform our Growth teams on network expansion strategy and key opportunities for enhanced practice partnerships.
- Help build scalable processes for managing information about our network of providers.
- Contribute to our risk-bearing entities growth strategy by partnering with our growth team to represent our provider partnerships and interventions externally.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Act with our members in mind. Thyme Care’s mission, and in particular our member experience, matters deeply to you.
- Move with purpose. You’re biased to action. You know how to identify and prioritize your initiative’s needs, and do what it takes to ensure that urgent and important needs are acted on immediately.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and proactively seek feedback from others. You’re always looking to learn and grow.
- Experience and creativity. You have deep experience in oncology practice transformation, including operationalizing new workflows within practices. You understand that there will be opportunities that are not yet identified and are excited to figure out how to discover them as well as partner with internal teams on how to pilot them.
- Data orientation. You exhibit data fluency and have an ability to independently answer questions of our data while collaborating closely with data scientists.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are persuasive and articulate but always start by listening. You build rapport, trust, and great working relationships with colleagues.
- Comfort with pace and ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- Expert stakeholder management. In previous roles, you’ve presented to different levels of leadership. This includes internal senior leaders and external stakeholders You can help our team describe meaningful trends and propose solutions with these different groups.
- Team player. You’re a strong collaborator who understands what it's like to lead a team in a growing and evolving environment. You’ll ensure your team is meeting and exceeding standards set while being a collaborative partner to the rest of the organization.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $190,000-$225,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.