Oncology QA Nurse
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
As an Oncology QA Nurse, you will be primarily responsible for supporting and enabling our Care Team nurses through training and quality audits. Our Care Team oncology nurses are on the frontlines serving individuals diagnosed with cancer as their advocate, navigator, and coordinator through the continuum of care. They are conducting telephonic clinical assessments, helping members to manage symptoms, and supporting members from diagnosis through their treatment journeys and transitions of care.
This role reports into our Nurse Team Lead and will play a fundamental role in developing and maintaining the standards of quality that Thyme Care strives to meet. Additionally, you will help improve Thyme Care’s service offerings by partnering closely with our clinical leadership and cross-functional teams to uphold and improve our standards (Care Team; Quality, Training, & Enablement; Product Operations). This role will be responsible for conducting routine audits of our nurse team’s interactions with members, coaching and developing our team of nurses to provide the highest quality care, as well as assisting with conducting clinical trainings, as-needed. In order to hit the ground running, we expect this person to have a proven track record in assuring high quality care, coaching nurses, and contributing to clinical onboarding and training. This role can be remote or hybrid based in our Nashville office.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Have completed training and are on the path to becoming an expert on our Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and expectations
- Know our Care Team policies and procedures, escalation pathways, communications best practices, and documentation standards backwards and forwards, and actively share ideas on how to improve them
- Have built strong, trusting relationships with Care Team nurses, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction both with our members and with each other.
- Partner with QTE team and Nurse Team Leads to develop and deliver clinical onboarding and general training.
- Audit nurse-member interactions (via telephone recordings, text, email, etc.) against our quality standards to ensure they are consistently met, and support remediation plans as appropriate.
- Continually raise the bar in clinical quality and improve the standard of care through coaching and objective, effective feedback delivery.
- Identify and surface quality trends and training needs to inform coaching areas and better enablement materials for the Care Team.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives and regulatory, quality, and experimental audits, as needed.
- Constantly be on the lookout to improve effectiveness and quality of our work with our members.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- People-first. Thyme Care’s mission and members matter to you, deeply.A BSN. You must have Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing and an unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license and willingness to obtain additional state licenses, as needed.
- Experience. You have at least 5 years of nursing experience with 3 years of oncology nursing and/or case management. Additionally, you have experience with clinical education and regulatory/quality audits.
- An eye for quality. You are passionate about upholding and raising the bar in delivering high quality care and challenging the team to adhere to and improve the standard of care, to beat their best and never lose sight of the goal.Organized. You’re skilled in juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure without sacrificing organization in your communications and documentation.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with colleagues and articulate feedback effectively and objectively.
- Comfort with ambiguity. Start-ups are fast-paced environments, and you understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities are par for the course… and part of the adventure.
- A desire to learn how to use new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with video chatting, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records or comfort learning new technology is important.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
This is a non-exempt, full time position. The pay rate for this role is $45.67/hour.
The shift for this role will be 8:30am-5:00pm EST or 11:30am-8pm EST. In order to ensure we have sufficient clinical coverage at all times, we ask that our Care Team be prepared to work up to 2 holidays per year compensated at a 1x hourly rate in addition to a 1.5x holiday rate.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Additionally, we recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.