Senior Manager, Care Delivery Operations (Medical Focus)
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
In your role as a Senior Manager of Care Delivery Operations, you will be responsible for building and refining practice operations infrastructure, efficiency, and effectiveness. This role will be a critical part of scaling and optimizing our Care Delivery functions and partnering cross-functionally to support new partnership and service line launches. You’ll also apply project management and analytical skills to drive strategic initiatives and build scalable programs and processes.
In order to hit the ground running, we expect this person to have a proven track record working in a healthcare startup environment executing on clinical and/or care delivery operations. You will report to the Director of Care Delivery, and will interface with organizational stakeholders including Network Operations, Payer Operations, Product, and Data. You will work remotely with the option to work from our Nashville office. This role will not have direct reports to start, but may evolve to include leadership opportunities as our organization grows.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Care Delivery OKRs & roadmaps, including near-term priorities and longer-term initiatives
- Conduct needs assessments and structured observations with root cause analyses and throughput optimization.
- Begin overseeing operational efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring smooth and streamlined workflows across our partnership programs.
- Ensure smooth and streamlined workflows across our operational programs and triage team inquiries and needs through timely and appropriate response.
- Assist in providing policy and procedure document management oversight and support.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on operational metrics and performance indicators to identify areas for improvement and implement data-driven solutions.
- Support Care Delivery leadership enablement through queue and OKR metrics data pulls, monitoring, trending, and remediation.
- Become a key cross-functional partner to Network Operations, Payer Operations, Product, Data, and Quality/Training/Enablement on behalf of Care Delivery.
On an ongoing basis, you will:
- Contribute to program scalability and value by identifying opportunities and resolving issues to standardize, refine, and improve processes.
- Own the end-to-end management of cross-functional projects, including scoping and financial impact, project plan creation, stakeholder engagement/management, risk mitigation, and timely execution.
- Design, implement, monitor, and iterate on pilot programs and campaigns in support of our team OKRs.
- Support departmental leadership by taking on mission critical and ad-hoc assignments and projects.
- Foster a culture of effective communication, prioritization, problem solving, and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback, implementing best practices, and driving innovation across Care Delivery.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Act with our members in mind. You’re personally motivated by our mission and by what we are building. You seek to understand problems and help people solve them, especially this one.
- Operational orientation. Creating and improving programs is second nature for you. You have a track record for building repeatable, reliable, and efficient processes in healthcare strategy and operations, or related fields.
- Effective communicator and coach. You are persuasive and articulate, but you always start by listening. You build rapport, trust, and great working relationships with colleagues both within and outside of your team.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A passion for learning and mastering new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. You’re adept with tools like Zoom, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records, and Excel (can perform complex functions).
- Move with purpose. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something. No task is either too small or too big for you. You’re always solving problems, applying the right level of priority, and going the extra mile for others and are comfortable operating as a swiss army knife.
- Cultivate innovation. You introduce new ways of looking at problems, and can successfully operationalize the solution.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and proactively seek feedback from others. You’re always looking to learn, grow, and collaborate with others to achieve shared objectives.
- Culture carrier. You’re curious, resilient, have a growth mindset, and are committed to fostering a positive environment.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $120,000-145,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring all employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject only to conflicting laws and approved exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Additionally, we recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.