Senior Manager, Care Delivery Operations (Workforce Management)
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
In your role as a Senior Manager of Care Delivery Operations (Workforce Management), you will be primarily responsible for building and refining workforce operations infrastructure, tooling, efficiency, and effectiveness. You will play a crucial role in supporting our fast-growing Care Delivery team. You’ll also have the opportunity to apply project management and analytical skills to support other operational projects and processes.
In order to hit the ground running, we expect you to have demonstrated expertise in workforce management and modeling, including day to day scheduling, forecasting and capacity planning across different iterations of care models to align with company goals and initiatives, optimize for operational goals and accurately predict volume, efficiency gains, and workload. In this role, no task is either too small or too big, and you will excel if you can operate as a swiss army knife both within and beyond workforce management operations. You will report to the Director of Care Delivery Operations and will interface with organizational stakeholders including Finance, Data, and People Operations. You will work remotely with the option to work from our Nashville office. This role will not have direct reports to start, but may evolve to include leadership opportunities as our organization grows.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Care Delivery OKRs & roadmaps, including near-term priorities and longer-term growth goals.
- Evaluate business requirements and apply subject matter expertise in WFM solutions to support scaling Care Delivery teams.
- Independently manage Care Delivery staffing models across varying role types (generalized and specialized), patient acuity, and partnership contract structures with a keen eye for scalability and efficiency.
- Develop outlier detection processes and manage triage and adherence for daily schedules, ensuring timely responses to team inquiries and needs.
- Create and maintain analyses, reports, and SOPs on workforce operations.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on operational metrics and performance indicators to identify areas for improvement and implement data-driven solutions.
On an ongoing basis, you will:
- Configure dynamic short-term and long-term forecasting models and demand planning across multiple variations and evolution of care models and channels.
- Analyze workforce trends, identify inefficiencies, and build the processes and tools to drive improvements.
- Drive forward recommendations on capacity planning, capacity reporting, outlier detection, resource allocation, and demand management.
- Contribute to workforce scalability and value by facilitating change management and identifying opportunities and resolving issues to optimize processes.
- Own the end-to-end management of cross-functional projects, including scoping and financial impact, project plan creation, stakeholder engagement/management, risk mitigation, and timely execution.
- Design, implement, monitor, and iterate on pilot programs and campaigns in support of our company and team OKRs.
- Collaborate with operations and leadership teams to understand organizational goals, impacts to staffing needs, and plans to address them.
- Participate in recruitment and training processes to ensure workforce scalability and optimal schedule management, including use and assessment of potential tools for in-person and remote workforces
- Support departmental leadership by taking on impactful ad-hoc assignments and projects.
- Foster a culture of effective communication, prioritization, problem solving, and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback, implementing best practices, and driving innovation across Care Delivery.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Act with our members in mind. You’re personally motivated by our mission and by what we are building. You seek to understand problems and help people solve them, especially this one.
- Operational orientation. Creating and improving processes and tools is second nature for you. You have a track record for building repeatable, reliable, and efficient workforce processes and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator and coach. You are persuasive and articulate, but you always start by listening. You build rapport, trust, and great working relationships with colleagues both within and outside of your team.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A passion for learning and mastering new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. You’re adept with tools like workforce management software solutions, Zoom, Google Suite, Slack, and Excel (can perform complex functions).
- Bias to action. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something. You’re always solving problems and going the extra mile for others.
- Cultivates innovation. You introduce new ways of looking at problems, and can successfully operationalize the solution.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and proactively seek feedback from others. You’re always looking to learn, grow, and collaborate with others to achieve shared objectives.
- Culture carrier. You’re curious, resilient, have a growth mindset, and are committed to fostering a positive environment.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $105,000-125,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring all employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject only to conflicting laws and approved exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Additionally, we recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.