Director of Practice Transformation
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
We are building a care navigation platform for cancer patients and currently sit at the intersection between individuals with cancer, health plans, oncology providers, ACOs, and other value-based care organizations. Our ability to scale and drive impact depends on our relationships with oncology practices. To enhance our ability to help oncology practices succeed in value-based programs, we are looking to add a Director of Practice Transformation to the Thyme Care team.
As the first Director of Practice Transformation at Thyme Care, you will develop strong partnerships with physicians, practice leadership, and practice staff, acting as a key business leader to facilitate ongoing value-based transformation and success in value-based programs. This role will be responsible for successful practice program implementation and performance, from owning day-to-day program management and performance through directing internal and external performance data analysis and reporting. This role will focus on understanding the people, process, and technology that inform decision-making at a practice, and optimizing each to shift belief and operations in order to enable a practice to better perform in value-based care arrangements. You will partner with our Product, Data Science, Clinical, Strategic Initiatives, and Network Operations teams to project manage initiatives, operationalize workflows within our partnering practices, and execute interventions that will drive the success in value-based programs, firstly in the Enhancing Oncology Model. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for monitoring the performance of oncology practices to enable mutual success in value-based care contracts with risk-bearing entities. This will require both a fluent understanding of our relationships with risk-bearing entities and deep collaboration with our provider-facing teams. You will contribute to and execute on the Thyme Care vision in the areas of practice transformation and value-based program success. As such, experience in value-based care and provider clinic financials will be core to this role, with accompanying skill in the strategy and tactics of practice transformation and ability to influence teams and organizations at all levels. This role will report to our VP of Operations.
- After 3 months you will…
- Get up to speed on Thyme Care, our executive team, our business, and our roadmap.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with Data Science, Product, Clinical, and Operations cross-functional stakeholders.
- Dive into previous context around our practice partners, including understanding key players, how the network was built, existing operating models, in-flight initiatives, and how we roadmap for the future.
- Become the program manager and subject matter expert in the Enhancing Oncology Model, both programmatically as well as in the Thyme Care experience in implementing the model with practice partners to date
- Own the day-to-day program management of our Enhancing Oncology Model offering, including internal and external workstreams to drive improved member outcomes and success in the program
- Partner with practices to help discovery, design, and enable effective workflows that improve outcomes and drive program performance
- Make site visits to practices in order to facilitate practice transformation discovery and workflow enablement
- Become an expert on our data sources and analytic capabilities used to inform and drive strategy with our practice partners.
- Learn the ins and outs of practice partners and the Thyme Care-related workflows, policies and procedures, escalation pathways, communications best practices, and documentation standards.
- After 6 months you will…
- Refine our fundamental Enhancing Oncology Model offering, including staffing and resource needs, initiative roadmap, and metrics and success measurement/reporting
- Manage and drive value-based care program performance with practice partners, including key operational and financial metrics
- Define quarterly objectives and key results, provide strategic and tactical leadership and direction to cross-functional teams in order to build successful project roadmaps that drive teams toward successful practice transformation and ultimately program performance.
- Represent Thyme Care externally to practice partners and present and drive forward opportunities for process and workflow improvements within the practice.
- Use experience and observation to identify strategic growth opportunities, and opportunities to represent Thyme Care’s value-based program management and practice transformation efforts externally.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Act with our members in mind. You’re personally motivated by our mission and by what we are building. You seek to understand problems and help people solve them, especially this one.
- Operational orientation. Creating and improving programs is second nature for you. You have a track record for building repeatable, reliable, and efficient processes in healthcare strategy and operations, or related fields. You’re a project management whiz who can flex easily from high level strategy to in-the-weeds tactics.
- Value-based care and practice expertise. You have significant and relevant work experience in value-based care, population health, and practice-facing workflow operations and enablement. You understand the financial structure of value-based care contracts, including practice financials, P&Ls, and unit economics. Bonus points if you have experience in interventions related to cancer drugs and contracting.
- Effective communicator and coach. You are persuasive and articulate, but you always start by listening. You build rapport, trust, and great working relationships with colleagues both within and outside of your team. You convey your thoughts well, whether oral and written, and effectively drive change.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A passion for learning and mastering new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. You’re adept with tools like Zoom, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records, and Excel.
- Move with purpose. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something. No task is either too small or too big for you. You’re always solving problems, applying the right level of priority, and going the extra mile for others and are comfortable operating as a swiss army knife.
- Cultivate innovation. You introduce new ways of looking at problems, and can successfully operationalize the solution.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and proactively seek feedback from others. You’re always looking to learn, grow, and collaborate with others to achieve shared objectives.
- Culture carrier. You’re curious, resilient, have a growth mindset, and are committed to fostering a positive environment.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $140,000-$185,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Additionally, we recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.